THE MAN PRINCE NED NWOKO…….
Dr. Michael Nwoko Speaks!
By Jerry Onwuma
As the name Prince Ned Nwoko continues to trend on various social media platforms especially within the Anioma cyber space, The Special Assistant to Governor Ifeanyi Okowa (Special Duties) on contributory health commission and Director Organization & Mobilization for Rescue Anioma Team 2019, Dr. Michael Nwoko, has further given insight on the person of Prince Ned Nwoko!
He describes Prince Ned Nwoko as a “COLOSSUS”, “A MODERN DAY PHILOSOPHER”, “A LIVING LEGEND AND A HERO OF OUR TIME”
Some call him the Star Prince of Anioma land, others call him, “Dike Anioma” But to me he is a colossus, modern day philosopher, a living legend and an iconic hero of our time.
The name prince Ned, as he is fondly called by friends and Associates, is one name that ring bell and will continue to ring bell not just within the Anioma enclave, or Delta state, but across Nigeria and globally as well.
You may wish to visit google to understand better.
Like a king destined to rule, Prince Ned Nwoko was born into the royal home of the Nwoko Dynasty in Idumuje Ugboko.
As a young boy who grew up in the Royal Palace of the Idumuje Ugboko Kingdom, he is a complete blend of culture, tradition and his higher education in the UK also exposed him to the sophistication of modernity.
He had his primary and secondary Education here in Nigeria, before proceeding to the University of Keele, UK, where he studied law and history, yet not satisfied by his quest for Knowledge, he further proceeded to Kings College, University, London, where he obtained an LLM in Marine and Commercial law.
He was formerly secretary general, Nigeria Legal Practitioners, UK.
An elected member of the Law Society of England and Wales,
A visiting adviser, Citizens adviser bureau, London.
In 1995, he emerged as the best black Lawyer in England.
He has many articles and publications to his credit, including; Nigeria: a time for all hands to be on deck, the Criminal Law Procedure of England and Wales.
He is happily married and blessed with children.
Prince Ned Nwoko is a beacon of hope for the New Anioma, a great asset loaded with uncommon ideas needed to transform Anioma land.
He is an embodiment of royalty, honour, dignity, humility, integrity, transparency, accountability and simplicity.
I must also tell you that the Prince is bold, fearless, dogged, rugged fighter, focus and unrelenting. He never barks without biting.
As a young man in his late thirties, Prince Ned Nwoko bestrode Nigeria’s political space like a colossus, his records in the house of representatives as member representing Aniocha/Oshimili Federal Constituency between 1999 to 2003, is still unbroken.
In the short but eventful four years in the house if Representatives, Prince Ned, sponsored well over twenty two bills (22) and moved the motion for the all important National Conference.
Here is a list of bills sponsored by Prince Ned:
(1) Bill for the establishment of National Information Network Centre
(2) A bill for an act establishing a National Disability allowance
(3) A bill for an act for prohibition of corporal punishment in schools
(4) A bill for an act for compulsory vehicle road worthiness test
(5) National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) reform bill (2000)
(6) A bill for an Act to establish Public Funds recovery and reward commission (Whistle blowing)
(7) A bill for the establishment of a National minimum wage council
(8) National minimum wage bill (1999)
(9) A bill for an Act to standardize allowances and fringe benefits payable to public government officials- Monetization Bill
(10) Bill for an Act for continuity of evidence in court proceedings
(11) A bill for an Act for compulsory professional indemnity in Nigeria
(12) A bill for an Act for the protection of Nigerians abroad
(13) A bill for the amendment of fire arms Act
(14) A bill for an Act for the consolidation of all Decrees
(15) A bill for the prohibition of expensive burial rites in Nigeria
(16) A bill for an Act for community legal service
(17) A bill for an Act for the convening of a National Conference
(18) Bill for an Act for establishing a National Sports University
(19) A bill for an Act for compulsory Fire & Insurance Regulations at Homes and Offices
(20) A bill for an Act to Regulate the Activities of Okada Riders in Nigeria
(21) A bill for Federal Government Contract Awards performance Act.
Prince Ned Nwoko has carved a niche for himself as selfless and celebrated philanthropist.
As a matter of fact, he shocked his colleagues and made National headlines, in 1999, when he announced the donation of his entire salaries and allowances to the his constituents
His philanthropic nature is indeed highly exceptional.
Yes he is a Muslim, but he is neither a bigot nor a fanatic, he has donated handsomely to countless Churches, Orphanages, Students, Civil Societies and indigent members of the society. His giving spirit can only be described as exceptional.
As a Royal Son of Anioma Nation, his love for Anioma is second to none. He think, talk, dream and live Anioma. Yet he is a completely detribalized Deltan.
He command great respect across board, irrespective of political parties, religion and ethnicity.
Being a man with a large heart, Prince Ned Nwoko never hire or rent crowds, rather, men, women and youths flock around him as butterflies flock around nectar.
Whenever he is in town – Idumuje Ugboko- both invited and uninvited guests troop to his residence. His gates are always wide open 247, as he believes whoever that is coming to his house, is coming to see him and so should not be denied access.
I am yet to see a man as accessible as Prince Ned Nwoko.
He dine and wine with the rich and poor, irrespective of class.
Prince Ned Nwoko believed in “We” and not “I”.
Above all these Sterling qualities, Prince Ned possesses an ornate charisma and stunning simplicity.
He is Indeed an Enigma.
He concluded by calling on Anioma People to support Hon. Prince Ned Nwoko for Senate as Delta North deserves quality and pragmatic representative come 2019.